Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Mail Me

If anyone wishes to send letters but distrusts international mail, a reliable alternative presents itself. At the end of the month I'll be attending a conference on international social justice in Nairobi, and will be meeting up with a friend from the US whose organization is also attending. My friend, Emily, has kindly agreed to bring me any letters you wish to send with her to Kenya. So if you'd like to write, please have your letter delivered (arriving before January 19th) to

Emily Carlson
Attn: Huntley
4126 Chester Ave. Apt. #2
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Please also feel free to send chocolate, pictures, and/or music.

Thank you and sincerely,
BJFH

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben,

I was just eating some Sao Tome and Principe chocolate, so theoretically, I could send African chocolate back to the continent from whence it grew, and maybe then you'd get to eat African chocolate, imported from North America, imported from Africa.

Lloyd and I love your blog and check it frequently. My classes started today; however, I had zero absences. Once, when I was working for Habitat for Humanity is SD, though, our foreman, a Lakota-local, would show up as much as six hours late every day. Turns out--that's pretty typical of Lakota culture. Still, I wonder how students can learn medical technology without showing up to learn it?

Then again, I dislike the word culture. It always makes me feel like I'm being transformed by some sort of invisible yogurt. I'd rather understand 'people', one at a time. Idealistic. Unrealistic. Fantastic.

Rage against the dying of the light!
Nellie
P.S. Can your name be translated into Rwandan?

Ben Huntley said...

Haha... yes - certainly I can translate my name. In Kinyarwanda (local language), Ben translated is, well, still just Ben :0)

change this later said...

Hey Ben,

This is the first time I have checked your blog. I have a lot of catching up to do, you write a lot (and very well may I add). Anyway, I am trying to think of something either profound or witty to say to you and nothing is coming to mind.

My trip to Israel led me to the Golan Heights as well, to the Alpha Gate on the Israeli side just a few kilometers from Quientra. Too bad we weren't there at the same to or we could have thrown rocks at eachother and incited the peace keeping force.

It's a joy to hear about your travels and experiences, and your enthusiasm for life is encouraging. Thanks. Well that's it, I just wanted to say hello. I have class shortly and must go now.

with love,
Harris